Scott Petrie LLP is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities.
We welcome whatever assistive devises that may be used by clients with disabilities and our staff will be pleased to assist in that regard.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals.
We welcome clients accompanied by a support person while attending at our office.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for clients with disabilities, Scott Petrie LLP will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed in our lobby. Notice of any prolonged disruption will also be placed on our web site.
Training of staff
Scott Petrie LLP will provide training to all employees with respect to dealing with, and providing services to, clients with disabilities.
This training will be provided to staff within one month of their employment.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the client service standard
- Scott Petrie LLP’s plan related to the client service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- How to use all equipment intended to assist individuals with disabilities, including the assistance features on the firm’s website.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Scott Petrie LLP’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Clients who wish to provide feedback on the way Scott Petrie LLP provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail any partner at the e-mail set out on the firm’s website.
All feedback will be directed to the partners.
Clients can expect to hear back in 5 business day with respect to any feedback or complaint.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Scott Petrie LLP that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.